AB-MAX consists of fixed broadband wireless access equipment (Access Point and CPE) for Internet, data, multimedia, video, voice, and other emerging IP based applications. Combining WiMAX with higher level network features, AB-MAX provides a robust, cost-effective alternative to wired alternatives such as T1/E1, DSL and cable modems.
Reasons to Buy AB-MAX
AB-MAX offers service providers a true, standards based NLOS platform that helps improved cell range and penetration compared with proprietary single carrier solutions. It also supports Quality of Service (QoS) features like CIR and PIR along with advanced scheduling services like best efforts service, real time polling and UGS services. This allows a service provider to offer different classes of service to different end customers. AB-MAX supports numerous topologies including Ethernet routing and bridging. Deployments may use frequencies from the entire U-NII 5GHz ISM and ETSI spectrum. Select from various modulation options and antenna polarizations, all in an extremely low cost, easy to deploy product.
- WiMAX Compliant (802.16d), NLOS, Point-to-Multipoint system
- FCC and CE approved for U-NII and ISM bands
- Supports 5.47 - 5.85 GHz operation on a single platform
- QoS Support (CIR, PIR)
- Programmable dual-polarity Access Point antennas
- Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS)
- Integrated GPS synchronization
- Improved cell penetration and range
- Improved cell throughput (Up to 64QAM modulation)
- Different SLAs for different end users
AB-MAX offers numerous options for provisioning and management. For small campus type networks, AB-MAX can be configured in a static environment via a web interface. For larger networks, AB-MAX can be configured via an automated provisioning server, where each unit can be provisioned and managed from a single location. AB-MAX also includes support MIB-2, WiMAX MIB, and Axxcelera custom MIB.
One or more environmentally sealed Access Points (AP), each with an integrated 60° by 7° beam width patch antenna
- Six Access Points provide 360° geographic coverage
- Ethernet switch or router
- Backhaul equipment such as that offered by Axxcelera
- Other third party equipment as required
CUSTOMER PREMISE (CPE) COMPONENTS
AB-MAX Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) with integrated 20° by 20° beam width dual polarization patch antenna
NON LINE OF SIGHT (NLOS)
WiMAX technology includes OFDM, which provides greater non line of sight deployment options.
- Temperature Range: -33°C to +55°C ambient temperature
- Humidity: Up to 100% at 45°C
- Wind Loading: 120 miles/hour (~193 km/hour) per Bellcore GR-487-CORE section 3.31
- Operating Frequency Range:
5.47 - 5.725 GHz
5.725 - 5.850 GHz
(Per U-NII and ISM band Specifications)
- Channel Bandwidth: 5, 10, or 15 MHz
- Modulation - Dynamic Adaptive: 64QAM, 16QAM, QPSK, BPSK
- Transmit Power*:
Access Point: +15 dBm (5.47 - 5.725 GHz)
+18dBm (5.725 - 5.850 GHz)
CPE: +15 dBm (5.47 - 5.725 GHz)
+18dBm (5.725 - 5.850 GHz)
- Integrated Antenna:
Access Point: 16 dBi, dual-pol.
CPE: 18 dBi, single-pol.
- Rx Sensitivity: -92 dBm
CPE: 8"Hx8"Wx3.2"D (203x203x81mm)
Access Point: 20"Hx10"Wx2.5"D (508x254x65mm)
CPE: 7.7lbs (3.5kg)
Access Point: 11.0lbs (5.0kg)
- Net Channel Throughput: (bands without DFS) 47Mbps@15MHz, 31Mbps@10MHz, 15Mbps@5MHz
- Net Channel Throughput: (bands with DFS) 43Mbps@15MHz, 28Mbps@10MHz, 14Mbps@5MHz
- Certification: FCC, CE, WiMAX**
- External Antenna (optional): N-Type connector
- Security: x.509 authentication, CBC-Mode 56-bit DES, AES-CCM mode
- Protocols: Ethernet Bridging per IEEE802.1D, VLAN per IEEE 802.1Q (CPE only), Differentiated Services per IEEE802.1D/p, DHCP client (CPE only)
- Interfaces: RJ45 socket offering 100BaseT Ethernet
- Error Control: 1/2, 2/3, or 3/4 FEC
- Regulatory Compliance: FCC 15.247, FCC 15.401-407, RSS-210 A8, RSS-210 A9, R&TTE Directive1999/5/EC, EN 301 893, EN 302 502; EMC: FCC Part 15, IC ICES-0003, EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, EN 301 489-1, EN 301 489-17;Safety: Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC, IEC 60950, EN 60950, UL 60950
* Actual transmit power level is subject to local and regulatory constraints.
Mechanisms for DFS as they relate to the Axxcelera Broadband Wireless family of wireless communication devices are explained.
The Axxcelera ExcelMAX C9 AP and CPE provide for TDD communication over the 3650-3700 MHz band. In the United States this band is a “lightly licensed” band ...
Written by Cyberbajt with forward by Axxcelera, this case study discusses an ExcelMAX project in Poland.
No specials found